1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization?
I’m a Licensed Practical Nurse. I work with both the Center of Excellence program and our new Hepatitis C program. I provide clinical support to providers and care management of both patient populations.
2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community?
As the Lehigh Valley’s only FQHC, we act as a safety net of sorts, providing primary and preventative care to a portion of our local community that is often underserved. I’m proud to work for an organization that provides much-needed healthcare services to our community regardless of one’s ability to pay or health insurance status.
3. What’s the most important thing you have learned working for an FQHC?
During my time at NHCLV I’ve learned that tt’s all hands on deck. Comprehensive and holistic healthcare requires a team approach, and everyone at this agency plays an integral part in fulfilling our mission on a daily basis.
4. What do you love most about your job?
Everyday that I go to work I get to play a part in making someone’s life a little bit better than it was the day before.
5. What one piece of advice do you have for patients when it comes to caring for their health?
Two things; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and taking time for self-care is paramount.