Schedule a virtual visit with your doctor thru NHCLV’s new telemedicine feature. It’s easy to do, and you don’t have to leave home!
You no longer need to leave the comfort of your home to have a visit with your doctor. It’s just a like a regular appointment except that you are not in the same room with your doctor. NHCLV can conduct your medical or behavioral health appointment over the phone or by video chat. There is no software program or app to download, and you can use your smartphone (iPhone or Android), or a computer with a microphone and web cam.
- Telemedicine visits are available during each of our health centers’ normal business hours.
- An NHCLV staff member will contact you about 20 minutes prior to your appointment time to do a virtual registration and to confirm that you are still available for the scheduled appointment time. They will send you a link by email or text to use for the appointment.
- Be prepared to discuss your health concerns and have your current medications nearby for easy reference.
- If you have a scale, or use a blood pressure monitor, glucometer or other tool at home to manage your health, please have them available too.
- Most visits take 10-20 minutes.
- Appointments can be conducted in English or Spanish, or in many other languages using a translation service provided by NHCLV.
- You pay your regular insurance co-pay. (Check with your insurance provider if you are not sure what your co-pay is.) Sliding Scale Fee patients pay the same fee they would pay in the office. You can pay by credit card at the time of your appointment, or NHCLV can bill you afterward.
You can also communicate with your provider via our new text messaging service. Patients can securely and confidentially ask personal health questions and share photos and files with their provider. The secure texting service is FREE to patients.
Please make sure NHCLV has your BEST cell phone number on file so that contacting you is easy for our medical team. Signing up for the NHCLV Patient Portal is the best option as it provides us with all of the contact information we need. Texting can be done in English or Spanish. Other languages can be accommodated using a translation service provided by NHCLV via a phone call.
You can also communicate with your provider through the secure NHCLV Patient Portal. To sign up, click HERE. You can use the portal to request appointments, request prescription refills, and ask non-urgent health questions. The Patient Portal is FREE to use.