At NHCLV, our healthcare workers provide high quality primary care services to our patients in English and Spanish. We also use a translation service for all other languages. Because clear and open communication with your healthcare team is as important to you as it is to us.
Our Centering Pregnancy program features prenatal visits with a group of other pregnant women and your healthcare team that include prenatal care and additional time for learning and support.
Patient-centered care means that we listen to our patients and help them to be proactive with their health.
NHCLV is proud to offer high quality, affordable dental services at NHCLV, including preventive dental services such as basic dental screening, cleanings, and oral health education.
“What I love most is our patients. I look forward to working personally with them and seeing them create goals and achieving them. Taking care of your health allows you to see healthier days.”
Our NHCLV community health centers are conveniently located in the neighborhoods they serve so they are easy for residents to get to. We get to know our patients because we don’t just care for them, we care about them!
“Everyday that I go to work I get to play a part in making someone’s life a little bit better than it was the day before.”
When you become a patient of NHCLV, our team of medical professionals doesn’t just care FOR you, they care ABOUT you. Find out how we are different and how we might be the right fit for you and your family. Se habla Espanol.
Find out how NHCLV, the region’s FQHC, got started by a group of concerned community residents.
Watch this NHCLV video to learn what a Federally Qualified Health Center is, why it’s important to our community, and how it serves ALL patients, regardless of health insurance or ability to pay.
The NHCLV administrative offices have moved to the Two Rivers Health & Wellness Building, the same building as our West Ward Easton community health center, in Suite 202 on the 2nd floor.
Reporter Luis Matute of 69 News, Edición en Español featured an interview with NHCLV staff members Gloria Velazquez and Frances Atiles on Governor Wolf’s new “Reach Out PA: Your Mental Health Matters: initiative. Watch it here: https://www.wfmz.com/espanol/anuncian-campa-a-para-expandir-acceso-de-salud-mental/article_5a3236ba-2db9-11ea-bd38-83d69253ecf2.html
“I love that I am able to work with patients and their families on reaching their recovery goals. “
“The services at an FQHC are crucial to help those who need health care and are uninsured or underinsured. Healthcare, especially primary care, is treating the whole patient.”
The primary objective of the Patient Advisory Council is to ensure that patients are able to regularly express their suggestions and concerns regarding the manner in which health care is provided at NHCLV. The Patient Advisory Council encourages patients to do so in the form of various group activities and […]
“I am an RN Care Manager with a focus on assisting refugee patients and elderly patients. I love assisting patients in understanding their health conditions, interventions and treatments.”
Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley, the region’s Federally Qualified Health Center, will hold its annual free health insurance enrollment event to help Lehigh Valley residents find 2020 coverage under the Affordable Care Act. It will take place on Saturday, November 16 from 10 am – 4 pm on […]
“I love working closely with our low-risk prenatal population and complex care pediatric patients. It’s rewarding to see a patient throughout their prenatal care and seamlessly transition their newborn as a patient into our family practice. We care for the entire family as a whole.”
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I am a behavioral health integrated specialist for our Two Rivers-Easton community health center. I have been working with the organization for two years. 2. Why do you […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? I am a Case Manager for NHCLV. 2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community? Because of all the uninsured residents that we have. They have […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I am the Program Coordinator of the Center of Excellence for Opioid Use Disorder. I have been employed with NHCLV since February 2017 and I work out of […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I’m a Center of Excellence Care Manager and work mainly out of our downtown Allentown community health center (Vida Nueva). I have been working for NHCLV for just […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I am an RN Clinical Coordinator and I work at the Southside Bethlehem Family Fowler Center located in Donegan Elementary School. I have worked for NHCLV for the […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and how long have you worked for the organization? Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Therapist)/Yoga Instructor. 1.5 years. 2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community? I think an FQHC is important in caring […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I am Vanessa Perez Weiss, FNP, NP-C. I am a Family Nurse Practitioner at the Donegan Clinic in Bethlehem. In that role I function as a Primary Care […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV? At which location do you work? How long have you worked for the organization? I am the Chief Medical Officer and have worked at NHCLV for the past 8 years, first in a part-time capacity and in the past four years as a […]
Gloria Velazquez, PhD Candidate, LCSW Director of Social Services & Integrated Behavioral Health 1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? My role is Director of Social Services & Integrated Behavioral Health. I am a social worker by training. I have been with the […]
The nonprofit Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley has received Full Recognition for its diabetes prevention program from the Centers for Disease Control’s National Diabetes Prevention Program. This recognition makes it the only organization to receive Full Recognition in the Lehigh Valley (Lehigh and Northampton Counties), and the only […]
The nonprofit Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley today announced the expansion of its downtown Allentown primary care services at a new site. The 10-year lease on the building located at 160 Hamilton Street will allow NHCLV to expand its fully integrated primary care services to a new facility. […]
We are pleased to partner with Lehigh Valley Health Network to have their Mobile Mammography Coach visit our three NHCLV community health centers four times each in 2019. Following are the dates for each location: Allentown: January 11 – CANCELLED! April 12 July 12 October 11 Bethlehem: February 15 May […]
The nonprofit Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley has officially opened the doors on its new community health center in West Ward Easton. Located at 1101 Northampton Street on the first floor of the Two Rivers Health & Wellness Foundation building, the facility has 3600 sq. ft. of space […]
Designation will help Southside Bethlehem and Downtown Allentown sites better serve patients Two local, federally qualified community health centers operated by the nonprofit Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley have earned national recognition that is designed to improve their relationship with, and thereby care of, local patients. The community […]