Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley is pleased to announce that it will open its fourth Community Health Center location at 635 E. Broad Street in October at the Broad & Wood professional building in Bethlehem, PA.
Fall is here and that means it’s time to get your flu shot! We have the vaccine in stock at our three community health centers.
Are you an NHCLV patient? Then we need you to sign up for our new online Patient Portal with Athena! It’s easy to do and free to use.
If you need to schedule an appointment with NHCLV, please read this important information first regarding our COVID-19 policies and our telehealth option.
NHCLV has announced the use of a new electronic medical record, AthenaHealth, and has updated its Sliding Fee Discount Program as well.
Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley has introduced telemedicine services featuring virtual visits via video chat and secure texting for patients to communicate with their health care team.
For 5/6/20 National Nurses Day, NHCLV RN Jazmine Irizarry was interviewed on WFMZ Edicion en Espanol about what it’s like to be a nurse, especially during these challenging times.
The NHCLV Diabetes Prevention Program is approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and is proven to reduce the risk of getting diabetes by half.
In order to better serve NHCLV patients during the COVID-19 health emergency, we are temporarily changing the hours of operations at our three community health centers.
At NHCLV, our healthcare workers provide high quality primary care services to our patients in English and Spanish. We also use a translation service for all other languages. Because clear and open communication with your healthcare team is as important to you as it is to us.
NHCLV is proud to offer high quality, affordable dental services at NHCLV, including preventive dental services such as basic dental screening, cleanings, and oral health education.
“What I love most is our patients. I look forward to working personally with them and seeing them create goals and achieving them. Taking care of your health allows you to see healthier days.”
Our NHCLV community health centers are conveniently located in the neighborhoods they serve so they are easy for residents to get to. We get to know our patients because we don’t just care for them, we care about them!
“Everyday that I go to work I get to play a part in making someone’s life a little bit better than it was the day before.”
Watch this NHCLV video to learn what a Federally Qualified Health Center is, why it’s important to our community, and how it serves ALL patients, regardless of health insurance or ability to pay.
The NHCLV administrative offices have moved to the Two Rivers Health & Wellness Building, the same building as our West Ward Easton community health center, in Suite 202 on the 2nd floor.
“I love that I am able to work with patients and their families on reaching their recovery goals. “
Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley, the region’s Federally Qualified Health Center, will hold its annual free health insurance enrollment event to help Lehigh Valley residents find 2020 coverage under the Affordable Care Act. It will take place on Saturday, November 16 from 10 am – 4 pm on […]
“I love working closely with our low-risk prenatal population and complex care pediatric patients. It’s rewarding to see a patient throughout their prenatal care and seamlessly transition their newborn as a patient into our family practice. We care for the entire family as a whole.”
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? I am a Case Manager for NHCLV. 2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community? Because of all the uninsured residents that we have. They have […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I am the Program Coordinator of the Center of Excellence for Opioid Use Disorder. I have been employed with NHCLV since February 2017 and I work out of […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I’m a Center of Excellence Care Manager and work mainly out of our downtown Allentown community health center (Vida Nueva). I have been working for NHCLV for just […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and how long have you worked for the organization? Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Therapist)/Yoga Instructor. 1.5 years. 2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community? I think an FQHC is important in caring […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization? I am Vanessa Perez Weiss, FNP, NP-C. I am a Family Nurse Practitioner at the Donegan Clinic in Bethlehem. In that role I function as a Primary Care […]
1. What is your role/position with NHCLV? At which location do you work? How long have you worked for the organization? I am the Chief Medical Officer and have worked at NHCLV for the past 8 years, first in a part-time capacity and in the past four years as a […]
Gloria Velazquez, PhD Candidate, LCSW Director of Social Services & Integrated Behavioral Health 1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? My role is Director of Social Services & Integrated Behavioral Health. I am a social worker by training. I have been with the […]
The nonprofit Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley has received Full Recognition for its diabetes prevention program from the Centers for Disease Control’s National Diabetes Prevention Program. This recognition makes it the only organization to receive Full Recognition in the Lehigh Valley (Lehigh and Northampton Counties), and the only […]
We are pleased to partner with Lehigh Valley Health Network to have their Mobile Mammography Coach visit our three NHCLV community health centers four times each in 2019. Following are the dates for each location: Allentown: January 11 – CANCELLED! April 12 July 12 October 11 Bethlehem: February 15 May […]
The nonprofit Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley has officially opened the doors on its new community health center in West Ward Easton. Located at 1101 Northampton Street on the first floor of the Two Rivers Health & Wellness Foundation building, the facility has 3600 sq. ft. of space […]
Designation will help Southside Bethlehem and Downtown Allentown sites better serve patients Two local, federally qualified community health centers operated by the nonprofit Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley have earned national recognition that is designed to improve their relationship with, and thereby care of, local patients. The community […]