1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization?
I am a behavioral health integrated specialist for our Two Rivers-Easton community health center. I have been working with the organization for two years.
2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community?
With the growing population and need for affordable care, having an FQHC within the communities, where there is poverty and economic hardship, gives that sense of relief to be able to maintain a healthier life.
3. What’s the most important thing you have learned working for an FQHC?
The most important thing I’ve learned is there’s more to the patient than what’s stated in their demographics.
4. What do you love most about your job?
I love that I can help patients outside the medical/clinical area and focus on their emotional, cognitive and behavioral well being.
5. What one piece of advice do you have for patients when it comes to caring for their health?
My advice, do not be discouraged, ashamed or scared when asking about your overall health.