1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization?
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker at all three NHCLV sites. I have been with the nonprofit organization for two years.
2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community?
An FQHC is important in order for individuals in the community to have access to quality physical and mental health care.
3. What’s the most important thing you have learned working for an FQHC?
Our patients are the experts in what works and does not work for them. I am always amazed by their resilience and honored that they allow me to be apart of their health care team.
4. What do you love most about your job?
I love seeing how our organization has helped individuals to make positive changes in their lives by empowering and highlighting the strength of our patients.
5. What one piece of advice do you have for patients when it comes to caring for their health?
Communicate with your health care team regarding your wants and needs. Chances are they may be able to help you and if they cannot they can connect you to someone who might.