1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization?
I am a Certified Medical Assistant at the Vida Nueva Allentown site. I have worked at NHCLV since 2010. One of my roles is to perform intake duties as part of patient care workflow, including escorting patients to examination rooms and preparing them for the clinicians, and to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs.
2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community?
I think is important because our community has a lot of needs and we are here to provide primary care services regardless of their ability to pay.
3. What’s the most important thing you have learned working for an FQHC?
That no matter the patient’s race, ethnicity, or age they are all welcome and our staff serves them in the same way, with love and care.
4. What do you love most about your job?
To be able to serve my own community and see the provider’s desire to help patients in need, or just those who needs someone to lift them up.
5. What one piece of advice do you have for patients when it comes to caring for their health?
That we are here for them to help them with their needs.