1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization?
I am a Medical Assistant and OB group and Centering Parenting group facilitator at the downtown Allentown location known as Vida Nueva. I have worked for NHCLV for nearly 5 years.
2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community?
It is important because FQHCs take special care of their patients in need.
3. What’s the most important thing you have learned working for an FQHC?
That healthcare is about more than just being a business. It’s about caring for members of the community.
4. What do you love most about your job?
The variety of patients.
5. What one piece of advice do you have for patients when it comes to caring for their health?
To learn how to ask more questions of their healthcare providers.