1. What is your role/position with NHCLV and which location do you work at? How long have you worked for the organization?
My position with NHCLV is Public Health Dental Hygiene Practitioner. My location at this time is at Two River Health and Wellness Center in Easton. I have been working at NHCLV since March 2018.
2. Why do you think an FQHC is important in caring for members of the Lehigh Valley community?
A FQHC is important because we can reach all the Lehigh Valley community regardless patients ability to pay and health insurance status.
3. What’s the most important thing you have learned working for an FQHC?
It is my first experience working in centers which have an Integrated Behavioral, Medical, Social and Dental Services. We work together in order to provide to our patient all the services needed to have an optimum overall health.
4. What do you love most about your job?
I love what I do. I love working with patients, providing the best preventive dental services. Teaching them about oral health, making a difference in their life and making them smile.
I think personal fulfillment as PHDHP comes from providing a valuable health care service, while establishing trusting relationship with patients.
5. What one piece of advice do you have for patients when it comes to caring for their health?
Let us help you and follow up all the recommendations given by the providers.