- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical Front Office: minimum 2 years (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
Full Job Description
Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley’s mission is to provide primary and preventative health and wellness services in the Lehigh Valley, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. We strive to do this directly and in partnership with other organizations, with a goal of creating a primary health care home for an underserved community.
- 403(b) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
The Patient Service Representative’s (PSR) primary purpose is to perform tasks related to efficient and effective patient flow in the clinic and assisting NHCLV patients in accessing and paying for NHCLV or other services.
- Checking in patients, verifying insurance coverage, verifying income level for discount fee program, collecting accurate and complete patient information, obtaining copays and other payments from patients; answering NHCLV phones, making appointments as necessary, and transferring calls to appropriate departments.
- Check out duties including scheduling follow up appointments, printing orders requisitions and referrals, collecting additional fees based on any procedures performed, and initiating external referrals, or other assistance requested by clinical staff or patients.
- Data collection: assists with accurate and timely capture of patient information; calls patients, hospitals or other agencies to obtain any missing patient information related to billing, grant requirements or other NHCLV reporting activities.
- Invites patients to the practice patient portal and promotes their registration and use of the portal for non-emergent communications (appointment requests, refill requests, and other questions).
- Assists provider and nursing staff with daily activities and administrative tasks related to NHCLV patient visits.
- Assists patient as needed to arrange external patient appointments; completes referrals and/or pre-authorizations with insurance coverage, coordinates and sends all necessary documentation for external appointments.
Work Location: In person