Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley is currently looking for a full-time Human Resource (HR) Manager to manage and oversee our growing HR department. This candidate needs to have excellent customer service skills, professionalism and maintain strict confidentiality. The HR Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the HR department.
1. Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
2. Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
3. Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
4. Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
5. Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
6. Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
7. Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
8. Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
9. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3-5 years of human resource experience, or compatible human resource experience with a management background
• Must have experience working for a non-profit organization.
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) required.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Strong communication, consultation and customer service skills.
• Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office.
NHCLV offers an excellent benefit package including 8 paid holidays, PTO, a competitive pay rate and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision along with company paid Life and a Short and Long Term Disability plan when eligible!
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com
The Mission of the NHCLV is to provide primary and preventive health and wellness services in the Lehigh Valley, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. We strive to do this directly and in partnership with other organizations, with a goal of creating a primary health care home for an underserved community.
This is not intended to be a full job description.