NHCLV is currently looking for a Health Center Front Office Coordinator who supports providers, staff, patients, and senior management and is critical to the overall coordination of services. Monitors activities and operations to ensure that the health center successfully meets its objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work collaboratively with RN Clinical Coordinator to ensure excellent customer service experience and quality clinical operations at health center.
- Works collaboratively with Revenue Cycle Manager to assure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided.
- Supervise health center front office and other non-clinical health center staff, including but not limited to, monitoring attendance and ensuring staffing to meet health center operational needs.
- Provide training and orientation to new staff in all clinical front office duties.
- Supervise and monitor daily work of clerical staff, ensuring timely completion and quality: collection of adequate supportive documents for SFS, collection of needed data for a complete registration, accurate and complete scanning of medical records, discharge related paperwork accurately handled with patients, complete and accurate processing of medical record requests..
- Perform regular quality audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures of NHCLV.
- Reviews medical records for compliance and billing requirements.
- Perform payroll functions, such as processing PTO requests to ensure, if a request is approved, it will not negatively impact operations; maintaining timekeeping information; and processing and submitting payroll.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn and perform duties as Greenway PrimeSuite Lead for Practice Management Services components, including but not limited to: scheduling, patient registration, documents, medical records, superbill readiness, development of protocols/procedures necessary for smooth front office functioning.
- Maintain Greenway PrimeSuite scheduling templates for all health center providers (including medical residents using New Innovations) and resources so they are accurate and UTD; change according to requests/needs.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail or other materials. Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Manage front office related health center projects; contribute to committee or team work.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars for all health center activities. Maintain conference and group room use calendar in conjunction with other programs using space.
- Order and dispense supplies for health center to maintain efficient operation.
- Address facility housekeeping and maintenance concerns with support of Administrative Manager.
- Monitor patient collections and daily balancing for each staff person; ensure cash drawers are balanced.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Competently operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, or reports, such as presentations or expense, statistical, or monthly reports.
- Train and assist staff with computer usage, including software.
- Ensure compliance of health center with Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC)/HRSA 330 Grantee Program requirements. Work with Administrative Manager to develop, implement, and maintain compliance with any needed policies, procedures; update accordingly.
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, visitors, NHCLV employees, and community.
- Respect Patient Bill of Rights in provision of duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Competence with computers, MS Office Software and working with electronic medical records.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- Ability to promote a patient-centered, positive workplace.
- Must have ability to communicate in a positive manner with staff, patients, and center administration.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience, specifically including medical office procedures, billing, and management of outpatient clinical practice.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish/English required (written & spoken)
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information, and release control technologies.
- A ‘Can-Do” attitude, showing initiative and willingness to adapt to change.
- Ability to handle staff questions, problems and concerns.
- Ability to handle delicate and possible stressful situations
- Ability to understand health center reimbursement model.
- Knowledge in scheduling efficiency and patient flow in a medical practice.
- Ability to manage issues of a confidential nature.
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge in Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Neatness and a friendly appearance.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Ability to facilitate when needed, strong communication (Verbal and Written) skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of persons.
- Be understanding, courteous and professional at all times with patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff.
- Ability to attend and participate in outside functions from time to time.
- Ability to adapt to a variable and frequently extended work schedule.
- Ability to function independently
- Ability to drive or arrange reliable transportation to meetings, seminars and as a needed for office functions.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks to personnel and supervise their completion.
NHCLV offers an excellent benefit package including 8 paid holidays, PTO, a competitive pay rate and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision along with company paid Life and a Short and Long Term Disability plan when eligible!
Job Type: Full-time
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com
The Mission of the NHCLV is to provide primary and preventive health and wellness services in the Lehigh Valley, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. We strive to do this directly and in partnership with other organizations, with a goal of creating a primary health care home for an underserved community.
This is not intended to be a full job description.